Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1VEKE4Vlj
CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Fun Continues


  After helping my friend set up her computers in her room, I made my way to my classroom.  Little did I know, that process was going to take me about 20 minutes.  I stopped along the way to say hello to my eager teacher friends who all had the same idea I did get to the school and get some work done! 

  Anyway, I finally got to my classroom, opened the windows, turned on Pandora, and thought, where in the heck should I start?!?!? 

   This is my first year as Mrs. Wolf.  After getting married last April, I received my new nameplate.  Unfortunately, I wasnt able to get it attached to my door before I left.  When I returned to my room earlier in the week, I noticed it was attached, however, they left a big gap between the room number and my name.  No offense to those who put it up, but my OCD self would be bothered by it for a long time unless I fixed it.  Therefore, I pulled out my little toolkit and fixed it.  I realized a long time ago that if you want something done right, you need to do it yourself (at least things you know how to do)!   Its official :





Another accomplishment today was filling my crate chairs with guided reading materials.  Following with my frog theme, I created these Leaping Learning Tubs.  When the students come to the guided reading table, they can pull out these tubs and be ready to learn.


I havent finished putting in all the items yet however, so far I have included a dry erase board and eraser (the students have their own markers), a frog finger puppet for retelling stories, a monster finger for pointing to words, a reading phone, and highlighting tape.  I plan to add a bookmark with all of our reading strategy animals on it as well.  I may add more things as I think of them.



Heres also a peek of my daily organization trays:





I stopped on my way home to get some fake cattails and ornamental grass to put up near my windows as a way to further portray the pond-like atmosphere.  Stay tuned for pictures!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment