Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1VEKE4Vlj
CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Computer Clutter

   While perusing the wonderful Clutter Free Classroom Blog , I found this one particularly interesting post regarding computer center clutter.  They suggest using the little plastic fasteners on loaves of bread to separate your cords in the back of your computer.  You can even label each one with a Sharpie.
 
   While I loved that idea, my ultimate favorite was the 3-D keyboard made of take out containers.  I don't know about you but my first grade kiddos have a difficult time remembering where the keys on the keyboard are located.  Last year  I took a picture of one of the keyboards in our computer lab and printed it out.  I then used contact paper to attach each keyboard to the top of the student desks in my room.  When I introduced a new sight word, we practiced typing it on the keyboard.  Good idea, right? Wrong.  The kids picked (some of them, incessantly) at the contact paper, causing it to roll and tear.  Once the seal was broken, any spills immediately destroyed the picture of the keyboard.

   Long story short, I love this 3-D model for the room.  I do think I need to tweak it though as I don't have that much space on any of my walls.  Any suggestions for a smaller inexpensive item that could be  used instead of take out containers?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment