Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1VEKE4Vlj
CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tired of boring old seats?!?

If you aren't exploring other teachers' blogs, you are depriving yourself! In "blog stalking", I came across these awesome little chairs. I originally found the picture on The Clutter Free Classroom blog. Inspired, I ran to the stores the next day and made some of my own: 



I started my shopping at Big Lots! There they had similar seats like these, however, the more expensive version (each were $18). Not wanting to pay around $120 bucks for 6 of them, I kept looking.  I then found these crates for $3 each.  After Big Lots, I moved onwards to JoAnn's where I used my teaching discount card to purchase the lily pad fabric (as I am doing a frog theme). It was already on clearance but I got an additional 15% off with my card. I think the fabric was about $10.  I also grabbed some of the stuffing while I was there ($4).  Lastly, I ran to Home Depot and bought one sheet of plywood ($5).  I brought in one of the crates and asked one of the employees to cut the plywood down to fit the top of the crate.  With all my goodies purchased, I went home, pulled out a staple gun, and got to work.  I couldn't be happier with them.  

I plan to use these around my guided reading table.  In each crate I am going to store items related to our guided reading session (i.e., dry erase boards and markers, highlight tape, post its, etc.).  I'm excited to try them out!!

2 comments:

  1. I love these. Can't wait to try them out. I like the fact that you can move them around easily too.
    Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Valerie! You're my very first blog comment! Woo hoo! I created this blog awhile ago but never spent much time on it, until now! Glad I could help spread the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete